Welcome to Claire de lune Belgians
Retired International Breeder of AKC Belgian Sheepdogs
and FCI Groenendael.
Claire Marshall Trethewey, Hillsboro, OR
My van's spare tire cover.
- Destinee Ilexa Claire de lune (Lexa), w. 15-Apr-1998
(German, Swiss, International, World Champion Claire de lune
Alphacentaure, Sch.H.1, U.D. × Ch. Crocs-Blancs' Liebchen) CERF BSD 1020/1999-19, AKC
- Claire de lune Aria (Ari), w. 8 May 1992, d. 14 Jun 2000.
Rated excellent Germany and Belgium. OFA BSD 1817G26F-T,OFA BSD EL 119-T-44, CERF BSD
601/1999-90, AKC DNA registered. Thyroid normal. Recently lost to gastric adenocarcinomas.
Many people have asked questions regarding symptoms and diagnosis. There were no obvious
symptoms until five days before her demise. Veterinary opinion is that the disease had
been developing for between two and six months. For those interested, results of various
laboratory tests may be found through links on Aria's web page. Ari will be missed by
- Claire de lune Enterprise (Missy), w. 15 Dec 1987,
d. 25 Jul 2000. Rated
very good Germany, German hip evaluation B 1 at 33 months of age, OFA BSD EL 120-T-96,
CERF BSD 600/1996-99, AKC DNA registered. Thyroid normal. Retired.
Free Services Available
- In-depth Belgian pedigree database for anyone interested in research.
Credentials and Experience
- Member Belgian Sheepdog Club of America since 1976.
- Past member Club Amatori de Pastore Belga, 2 years.
- Past member Belgische Schäferhund Berlin, 5 years.
- Dogs have been rated "excellent" in Europe including National Specialty Show
- Approved breeding stock in Germany.
- European and American Champions, dogs have won on two continents.
- Orthopedic Foundation for Animals Hip certified good or excellent, and elbow certified.
- Canine Eye Registry Foundation certified normal, for 4 generations.
- Thyroid tested normal.
- I have attended dog shows in 7 countries, Specialty Shows for Belgians in 5 countries
including the Country of Origin, and exhibited dogs in 5 countries including the Country
- Claire de lune dogs have been whelped under two FCI affiliates; Ente Nazionale della
Cinofilia Italiana and Verband für das Deutsche Hundewesen.
My Favorite Web Links
This page accessed
Changes last made on: Sun Jun 5 11:53 AM 2011 PDT.